If termites find their way into your home, they can go undetected for a long time causing extensive damage. Putting preventative measures in place around your Albury home is the best way to avoid the costly damage that termites can cause. In this blog we want to inform you about termite protection so that you’re one step ahead of a possible catastrophe many homeowners in Albury face each year.
Pest control is often taking action when you see tell-tale signs of unwanted organisms on your premises. An even better way of pest control is preventing them from ever starting an infestation. Here’s how you can ward off any termites in your future.
It’s Seasonal: When to be On Your Guard
One smart habit to have is to start keeping an eye out for signs of termites in your area as soon as the warmer months draw near. Perhaps your neighbour mentions a problem or you see a swarm flying about. Also inspect your foundation for any signs of termite mud tubes.
Because termites are cold-blooded, they breed and explore new territories in spring or summer, rather than winter. Be alert so you can take prompt action such as calling pest control Albury services.
However, if they’re already on your property during winter, they can burrow quite deep, so make sure they’re eradicated during summer.
Some DIY Tips
What action can you take if they are in the area? There are a few DIY tips that can help you keep termites at bay. This can lower the risk of them invading your home:
- Use plastic containers for storage rather than cardboard, because termites love the latter.
- Remove trees and shrubs close to your premises so vegetation doesn’t create a bridge towards your house.
- Don’t leave raked up leaves or pieces of wood in heaps near or against the building.
Professional Assistance is Vital
If you do notice termites on your property, we do not recommend trying to handle the problem yourself. These pests will destroy your home from the inside out, so you need professional help from the get-go.
Professionals pest controllers – such as Economic Pest Control – are your best weapon in being proactive and preventing termites from ever reaching your home. This is possible with advanced methods such as Exterra Termite Interception and Baiting.
The Exterra Termite Interception and Baiting system creates a unique termite interception zone. Exterra is safe for use around your family and pets. As one of the world’s most effective termite baiting systems, Exterra has been used in over 100,000 Australian homes and businesses.
How do the Exterra Termite Interception and Baiting systems work?
- EXTERRA baiting stations are installed around your property in locations where termites are likely to be foraging for food, including under the concrete or in the home.
- Termites can easily be detected in the EXTERRA baiting stations. EXTERRA’s unique design allows for termites to be seen without disturbing them, which is also important when you need to add the REQUIEM Termite Bait.
- REQUIEM Termite Bait is then placed inside of the baiting stations (without disturbing the termites). REQUIEM is appetising to termites and they readily consume it in preference to timber. REQUIEM is also non-toxic to you and your pets!
- The termites can’t resist REQUIEM and will feed on it and take it back to the colony, which will lead the colony to a speedy demise.
- The colony is eliminated!
Let’s Prepare Your Home for the Future
You can see when it comes to termites there’s no reason to fret about the future if you take the necessary measures. Economic Pest Control can handle all the termite pest control and other types of pest management you may need, so your pest concerns are all taken care of.